Thursday, February 4, 2010

3 weeks down, 5 to go!

Michael has been gone at BMT (basic military training) for just over three weeks now...only five more to go until Graduation.  In the letter I received from him today, he worded it perfectly:  the days are going by slowly, but the weeks are flying by.  And to me, it makes complete sense.  One solitary day barely seems to make a dent in the many weeks between now and when we get to see each other again, but then that day joins another and before I know it, another week has gone by. 

Getting letters from Michael is the highlight of this whole experience.  I never know when they'll come or how long they will be, but they always brighten my day.  In fact, today I received two letters.  He is doing great.  He really seems to be enjoying BMT, taking the good with the bad, and is making the most out of the entire thing.  Just through the letters and the two phone conversations we've had, I can tell how joining the military has already changed his outlook on life.  Hopefully, it's guaranteed a brighter one.

He's making new friends, learning new skills, gaining life lessons.  I couldn't be prouder of a person than I am of him at this moment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sammie! My name is Jessica and I found your blog on milblogging.com. My husband Michael just left for Air Force BMT 2 days ago. I have already read some of you posts on BMT and they have been so helpful. I guess just knowing what to expect.

    Reading your story sounds a lot like my husband and I. We have been together for almost 7 years, having met in high school and growing up together. If alright with you, I have become a follower to your blo and if you would like you are more than welcome to follow my blog that I just started. Nothing fancy, but helps keep my mind busy!
    http://thisislifeasihavecometoknowit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete