Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hi, my name is Sammie...

And I'm a book addict.

Everybody has a vice.  For some people, it's smoking.  Or drinking.  Or drugs.  For others it's gambling.  Or even sunbathing.

For me, it's reading.  Does that make me weird?  Sadly, I think so.

Sometimes I wonder if there are support groups for people like me.  The librarians definitely know me when I walk in the door.  Many times a week.  With an armload of books.  When librarians look at you oddly for the amount of time you spend in the library, you know you have a problem. 

They probably think I have a million free hours.  But that simply isn't true.  I have twenty-four hours a day just like everyone else.  To be honest, with a two year old and an absent husband, I think it's pretty amazing that my worst habit is reading.

Ever since I was little, reading has been my favorite pastime.  Actually, I can't understand why more people don't do it.   Life is crazy.  Don't you people want to escape for a little while?  Oh...wait.  I guess that's where the drinking and gambling and such comes in.

Lately, I've been on a strictly paranormal streak.  I can't read anything unless it has to do with vampires, werewolves, witches, faeries, etc.  If it isn't paranormal, I'm just not interested.  Mostly, it's because the novel I'm writing falls into the paranormal category, and reading that genre helps keep me in the right frame of mind.  If I ever finish and publish my novel, maybe I can write off book purchases as a business expense since I sort of consider it research!

Anyways, I digress.  You're probably wondering what the point of this whole blog post is.  Well, I'll tell you.  I need more material!  I swear, I've read every single vampire novel out there and quite a few of the others, and I'm starting to get worried.  Could I seriously have gone through them all?  If you've checked out the book stands anywhere where books are sold, you'll know that vampire novels are everywhere.  Literally, every which way you turn.  And I've read them all.

Not good.

So if you know of any that don't suck are worth reading, please let me know.  Because when I'm having a mental block or just don't have the energy to write anything, I need something to read.  And like I've said about twelve times now, I've read them all.

Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment