Friday, June 18, 2010

Tortoise & Hare

Time feels weird right now.  The best way I can explain it is to think of the tortoise and the hare.  The days seem to be taking forever to get through (just like the tortoise), but time in itself is flying by (like that darn hare).  There are only three weeks left until we move to Kansas!

How did this happen?

On the one hand, I'm ready for this move and everything related to it to be over.  Every step of the way something has gone wrong.  Just the other day, we had a snag in one of the home inspections and now probably have to fork over a lot of money to fix that snag. I just want this house sold.  Why does it have to be so difficult?

Michael is getting all his out-processing stuff done now so everything's set for when he leaves.  All the paperwork is done on his end for the move such as getting the movers set up and notifying the housing office that we'll be arriving soon.

Of course, that didn't go smoothly either.  We were hoping to have our stuff picked up before the holiday weekend so it would be at McConnell when we arrived.  If we have somewhere to live right away, we'd like to have our stuff too.

But like everything else, it didn't go as we had planned.  They won't be moving our stuff until the 7th (the same day we were suppose to close on the house which of course screws that up), and since we're leaving only a day or two later, we'll be in Kansas long before our stuff.  Yippee.

I don't know why that bothers me though.  It's not like we'll get a house right away.  Because that would mean something was going right, and as I've expressed many times, that hasn't happened to us yet.  Why start now?

I'm also more than ready to be with Michael on a full-time basis again.  He'll be home in two weeks, and I have a feeling these next fourteen days are going to be akin to torture.  I just want him home!  Knowing that we won't be separating again for a little while makes this reunion way sweeter than the few short weekends we've spent together these past five months.

But on the other hand, I wish time would slow down just a little bit because I am sad that it's almost time for us to leave family and friends.  Unlike when we moved away before, we know for sure we won't be coming back anytime soon.  At least six years.  That's a long time.

Thankfully I have a few opportunities to see everyone before we go.  With two going away parties and my sister's wedding, I'll get to see most of the people that matter one last time. 

Whether time flies by quickly or drags along at a tortoise's pace, I'm trying to soak it all in and make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment