Wednesday, July 7, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

In the Wizard of Oz, Dorothy stated repeatedly that "There's no place like home".  She's right, of course.  There is no place like home.  When you're home, you're surrounded by family and friends who love you, and by places and sights you're familiar with.

Tomorrow my little family of three heads off to that home Dorothy spoke so fondly of--Kansas--in hopes of calling it our home for a little while.  We don't know anyone, and the miles and miles of flat land will look nothing like the hilly river valley we're used to. 

But as long as we're together, home is where we make it.  For now, the Air Force says Kansas is our home.  Two years from now, that home will be some place different (hopefully with a beach). 

After a long few days watching the movers pack and haul away our stuff and cleaning and closing on our home, I am so ready to be starting this next leg of the journey.  I'm not ecstatic about living out of a hotel room for a couple of weeks, but I am ready to call Kansas home.

I am not sure what my internet connection will be like in the hotel so if my blog posts are scarce, sorry in advance.  Once we're settled in our new house, I'll start up Wordless Wednesday and Hey, It's Okay Thursday again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment