Love me some Military Spouse Friday Fill-In. I love reading the responses of all the other military spouses and "meeting" them all through the blogsphere.
1. What is the silliest get-up you have ever worn outside of a Halloween party? (from To The Nth)
Hmm, anything from middle school? Ha. It's sorta true. Do you remember Jnco jeans? Totally sported some of those baggy monstrosities my sixth grade year. The horrors.
2. What is something that you gave up in order to live the military lifestyle? (from Pennies from Heaven)
Well obviously, living near family. I have a very, very large extended family, and it's going to be a miracle if I manage to see many of them for as long as Michael's in the military. We get the whole clan together for a Holiday party about a week or two before Christmas every year, and besides weddings or graduations, that's about it. I doubt we'll be able to go home for those things so I'm pretty sad about that.
3. If money wasn’t a factor and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why? (from Life and Times of a Displaced Jersey Girl)
This is probably the hardest question ever because I want to go everywhere! The sociologist in me is so intrigued by other cultures and societies that I want to experience them all for myself. But if I had to choose just one place, it would be Italy. The country has great food and great places to explore. Plus, right now we don't have the option to get based there with Michael's current job like some of the other places I really want to visit (ENGLAND!).
4. If you were going to join the military, what branch would you join? Or which MOS/rating would you choose? (from And You Never Did Think)
Air Force of course! Michael and I weighed the pros and cons of each branch together before he enlisted so I would come to the same conclusion for myself. I have no clue what I would do, though. My degree is in Sociology, and I don't think there's really anything related to that in the military.
5. What is your favorite thing to make for dinner? (from Armendinger Party of 4)
Homemade chili. I love chopping everything up that goes in it, and knowing that I made it completely from scratch. It is so yummy!