Friday, October 15, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in

This is the worst blog week I've had in awhile.  I feel so neglectful!  Hopefully next week I have enough creative juices to do it all. 

1.  What are some things on your bucket list? (from New Girl on Post) 
I wrote a post about this awhile ago and also made it into a page here on my blog.  At the top of my bucket list is publishing a novel and traveling around Europe.

2. How long have you been a MilSpouse and where have you been stationed so far? (from Raising Roscoe) 
Michael enlisted back in January so I've been a MilSpouse for nine months now.  We're currently at our first duty station--McConnell AFB, Kansas.
 
3. What is a list of songs that sums up your life so far? (from Confessions of a Sailor’s Wife) 
Hmm, this is a hard one.  I'd say "Dancing Queen" by Abba; "American Honey" by Lady Antebellum;  "How Sweet it is" by James Taylor.   I can't think of anymore!

4. What is your favorite kind of pizza? 
I love a fully-loaded pizza (minus sausage).  Hawaiian pizza is a close second.  Basically, I just love pizza. 

5.  What are three good things in your life right now?
This is a great question!  The first would be and will always be my daughter, Evie.  She is the absolute best thing in my life.  Every single day she amazes me and humbles me and inspires me.  I'm not one of those mom's afraid of their children growing up--I can't wait to watch her grow into the wonderful woman I know she'll be.  

The second would be friends & family.  Even though we're now ten hours away from everyone, I know I can count on them no matter where we live.  And here on base, I have some pretty amazing friends.  I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to military life than with these people to help guide me along the way.

Lastly, I would have to say the sense of security I have from Michael being in the military.  It is a relief to know that he has a job right now when so many in our country don't.  And it's a pretty guaranteed job so I don't have to worry about layoffs or anything like that.  That sense of security means a lot to me and takes a big weight off my shoulders.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the job security! I love knowing that we have another paycheck coming (benefits too) and that I don't have to worry about him coming home telling me he doesn't have a job anymore:)

    ReplyDelete