Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Excuses

I love my blog.  I love writing about my life for family and friends back home who don't get to see us often now that we're hundreds of miles away.  And I love writing for all those fellow bloggers who think I'm awesome enough to follow.  Writing is everything.

But blogging hasn't been my top priority lately.  Really, I haven't been spending much time on the computer at all.  Mostly because three steady weeks of either migraines, chest pains or a combination of both doesn't lead to much ambition.  Not to mention that being on the computer only exacerbates the migraines. 

When I do have the energy to write, I've actually been working on a new project.  The novel I've been writing for the past year and a half kind of hit a brick wall, and it's driving me insane enough that I finally decided to put it on the back burner for a little while.  It's sort of a relief to do so, honestly. 

It's my first attempt at writing something of that magnitude, and I'm not ashamed to admit that when I started it, I had no clue what I was doing really.  I had a vague idea what I wanted my story to be and what I wanted to accomplish, and I'm pretty sure my writing doesn't suck...but I don't feel very organized.  I just need a breather.

But the new project I'm working on has me excited about writing again.  I think the storyline is interesting, and I plan on being way more organized this time.  Pages upon pages of outlines before I even write a single word.  I feel like the entire story is already in my head, just waiting for me to take the time to write it down on paper.  It's a comforting feeling.

I'm looking into freelance writing as well.  I need to start doing more for myself and if writing is what truly makes me happy, I need to explore all options out there so that I can turn this passion into a career.

So those are my excuses.  If I don't blog much, my health and my new projects are the reasons.  But I promise not to be gone much longer.  After all, writing is my passion and blogging is just another venue for me to put my words out there in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment