Monday, December 6, 2010

Squadron Holiday Party

Friday night Michael and I donned our slightly-more-than-casual clothes and headed off to our first official Squadron Christmas party.  It was held in a meeting room at a local hotel.

For our first military party, I think it went pretty well.  We didn't know many people there so we ended up sitting with a table of single Airman since Michael knew one of them.  Me, Michael, and seven single guys equals an interesting evening.  Of course, I was the oldest as always.

We had a surprisingly yummy meal.  And we had cheesecake for dessert!  I've heard the food isn't always great at these things so I was pleasantly surprised with the quality.  And did I mention cheesecake?!?

The rest of the evening was spent with dancing, karaoke, and the giving away of prizes.  The real reason people pay to go to events like this.  The prizes.   Alas, we didn't win anything. We don't usually have that kind of luck.

All in all, a decent evening.  We don't get to spend a lot of time alone out of the house so that in itself made it worth it. 

3 comments:

  1. We just had ours last Saturday too! Sounds like you guys had a good time, we did as well, but our food wasn't as good... and I am definitely jealous you got to have cheesecake! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have ours this saturday. We'll see how it goes, the boys have decided to do ugly holiday sweater. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple guys did ugly holiday sweater & it was pretty amusing. My hubby would never go for that though, lol

    ReplyDelete