Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Evie!

Three years ago, at three in the morning, Michael drove us in negative twenty degree weather to the hospital because we were finally going to meet our bouncing baby girl.  Nineteen loooooong hours later, she was born.

Happy Birthday Miss Evangeline Violet!!!

I can't believe my baby girl is three years old.  I can remember so clearly those first moments with her in the hospital, all the sleepless nights nursing her to sleep, her first steps, her first words.  It's amazing to me how fast children grow from this tiny helpless newborn to a sassy, smart, amazing three year old who challenges me everyday to be the best person I can be. 

Every stage of her life, I've said "I love this age."  I hate that she's growing up, but I love it at the same time.  I love seeing her learn new things and blossom into her own person.  Even when she's giving me attitude or won't listen or exerts her independence, I can't help but smile.  After all, she's practically my clone.

Evie through the ages:










Happy Birthday my not-so-little baby girl.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment