Monday, January 17, 2011

Where Have I Been?

"Where have you been?!?" some of you may be asking.  Why haven't you been dazzling us with your wit and insight the past couple of weeks?  Or maybe you haven't been saying that at all.  Maybe you've been kinda glad I haven't bogged the blog world down with my random musings.  Either way, I'm here to talk once more.

Remember me telling you that my wonderful, awesome, amazing husband bought me my first ever sewing machine for Christmas?  This one in fact:


Well, that's where I've been.  Sitting right in front of it.  For hours on end.  Producing things.  Hopefully cute things.

I'm a complete beginner when it comes to sewing machines.  Michael had to help me thread it the first time because the instructions confused the heck out of me.  I looked blankly at all the attachments and accessories that came with it, completely unsure what any of them were meant for. 

Thankfully, it didn't take me long to catch on.  And I've been sewing ever since.  I've never been an especially crafty person before so it's like a whole new world I'm exploring.  Fabric swatches and thread weights and patterns oh my!

Here are some of my creations:





Obviously I'm loving the aprons.  But once I started on the tote bags, I think I've found something that could be an obsession.  I've been pouring over bag patterns like crazy ever since. 

There's been some talk of me opening a tiny boutique to sell my (obviously beginner) wares since I've had some interest from folks back home.  Plus, it's a heck of a lot of fun.  But we'll see.  Right now?  I'm just loving the new distractions sewing brings. 

So if I'm not here, it's because I'm sitting at my dining room table, pondering my latest project.

1 comment:

  1. wow! Love the aprons and tote bag! Fun and sassy aprons are such a cute idea and seem to be popping up all over! Keep up the good work and can't wait to see more! -Fav Cuz : )

    ReplyDelete