Friday, July 1, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

The days and weeks are starting to blur together with Michael gone.  I almost forgot that today was Friday!  Another week with Wifey's MilSpouse Friday Fill-In.  Have a Happy Independence Day everyone!

1.Have you (spouse) ever considered joining the military and what do you think of dual military couples? submitted by Project Army Wife 
I thought about it for like two seconds when Michael first joined.  With a Bachelor's Degree under my belt, I could have tried for Officer.  But I'm not one for taking orders so it would never work out.  I think dual military families must be extremely hard.  Especially with children.  I have no idea how hard it must be to juggle everything, and especially difficult on the kids.  

2. What is your idea of a perfect Sunday afternoon? submitted by A Few of My Favorite Things 
Laying in bed reading a book, no interruptions.  My bed is sort of my home base.  I just like to spread out when I'm on the computer or reading or whatever it is I'm doing.  And reading is my favorite pastime.  I get lost in books, and can seriously sit and read a book cover to cover in one sitting, no problem.  I don't get many Sunday afternoons like that though. 

3. What do you usually do for the 4th of July holiday? submitted by Anchor’s Away 
We usually spend it with family and/or friends, enjoying the outdoors and good  food.  Sounds like that will be the plan again this year.  

4. If they could make an Olympic event JUST for you that you know you’d medal in, what would it be? submitted by Pants are Confusing  
Hmm, good question.  Probably the answer to the second question:  laying in bed, reading a book.  I'm a really fast reader, and can usually finish a book quite a bit faster than the average person.  And I retain it all.  That's pretty much all I can come up with. 

5.  What have you been doing to get yourself bathing suit ready for the summer? submitted by Not Just an Army Wife
P90x, baby!  I'm nowhere near bathing suit ready though.  I'm hoping by the time we take our trip to Arizona in the middle of September, I'll be comfortable in a bathing suit! Guess I should have started a little earlier.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see a reading Olympic event - ok, I'd love to participate too!

    ReplyDelete