Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Crazy Life

What a boring blogger I've been this week! 

I'm been a busy little bee trying to get ready for the crazy shenanigans of the next few weeks.  This weekend a good friend is coming into town to visit.  The day after she leaves, Evie and I are heading down to Texas to visit my cousin for a week.  And when we get home, we'll be preparing for Michael to return.  Only a few weeks left!

Did you get tired reading that?  I got tired reading that.  My life is going to be a whirlwind  for a while.  But that's okay.  I like whirlwinds.  As long as they aren't like...real, tornado kind of whirlwinds.  I thought I better point that out so Mother Nature doesn't get any crazy ideas!

Yesterday I cancelled our family vacation plans for September, and booked our delayed honeymoon plans...for September.  Michael and I are so thankful that my parents offered to take Evie for a week while we take a much needed vacation by ourselves. 

We had originally planned on staying in a cabin outside Sedona, Arizona for a few days as a family, but that trip would have been a nightmare when we tacked on getting Evie to and from Wisconsin to my parents.  So we decided to head out to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado.  And the best part about the change of plans is that we got a way better deal for our Colorado trip.

If you're military and you haven't heard of the Armed Forces Vacation Club, you need to check it out.  They have many "Space-A" hotel and resort reservations that are seven nights for $369.  Yeah, you read that right. $369 for seven nights.  And they automatically discount you $20 if you book online.  A-freaking-mazing.

I pretty much can't wait for September now.  Michael and I have never taken a real vacation together before, besides weekend camping trips.  And we haven't had any real alone time since....well, since Evie was born.  Not for more than a day or two at any rate.  Since we never took a honeymoon, I think we're way over due.  Plus, we celebrate a decade together at the end of October.  We have many reasons to celebrate.

So that's my life right now.  Lots of driving is involved in my future.  I'm sure my car will hate me by the end of September. It'll probably refuse to start just out of pure exhaustion.  I wouldn't blame it one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment