Monday, April 23, 2012

The Most Precious Sound

Today we heard the most beautiful sound in the world.  The sound of Baby 2.0's heartbeat!

I'm officially 10 weeks, 2 days pregnant, and so happy to have made it to this point in the pregnancy.  Hearing the heartbeat is such a pivotal moment because the chance of miscarriage has now dropped dramatically.  I finally feel like this baby is really going to be a part of our family in a few months.  The year of heartache and repeated disappointment finally has taken a turn for the better.

My pregnancy has been going well.  I can definitely attest to the fact that morning sickness is a serious misnomer.  All-day sickness would be a better term.  I cannot wait to stop taking my progesterone supplement and for the first trimester to be over so I can finally find some relief.  It's worth it--but I am not a fan of feeling like a zombie every day.

We're having a Nuchal Scan in a couple of weeks.  Basically it's an ultrasound coupled with blood work that pre-screens for Down Syndrome and other genetic defects.  We're having the test done mainly because insurance pays for it, and for a bonus ultrasound.  I can't wait to see Baby 2.0 actually looks like a baby instead of the small fetal pole and gestational sac we saw at the last ultrasound.  It's amazing the difference six weeks will make. 

So we're excited.  Not so scared anymore, though I'm sure I'll feel even more reassured after we have the ultrasound!

1 comment: