Saturday, September 25, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in....on Saturday

It's been a few weeks since I've participated in the MilSpouse Friday Fill-In, but the questions were so great this week that I had to jump back in.  Even though (gasp) it's Saturday.  So sue me.

1. What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse? (from The Albrecht Squad) 
Since I'm a glass half full kinda gal, I'll focus on what has strengthened.  I think as a military wife, I'm learning to think outside the box even more than I used to.  You have to be creative as a military spouse because you don't really have a lot of control in some major parts in your life.  I'm thinking outside the box more when it comes to career choices, family size, even holidays.  What used to work in my life before may not be possible now, and I'm learning to adjust to it all.

2. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? (from ‘Tis the Life of the Army Wife) 
This one is hard because I haven't really been a lot of places.  It's for that reason that I want to travel, travel, travel! If I had to choose somewhere to visit that I've been before and would like to go back, without a doubt I would choose Chicago.  Michael and I lived there for such a short period of time--and both being college students, a very broke period of time--that we didn't really get to experience the highlights of the city.  I really want to go back and experience everything!

3. If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick? (from The Only Pink in a House of Blue) 
The base I live at doesn't really have a food court.  The BX is so small it makes me wonder why they bothered with one at all.  The only choice we have is pizza.  So that's what I'm going with.  :)

4. Where did you go on your honeymoon?  (from Pennies from Heaven) 
Sadly, we didn't go on a honeymoon.  I know, right!?!? Evie was five months old when we got married so it wasn't really in the cards.  But we do hope to have a honeymoon someday--definitely sans children!

5. If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why? (from Proud to Be a Navy Family and The Calm Before The Storm)
Hands down, I would be a published writer.  It is what I want more than just about anything else in this world.  I love my blog and wouldn't mind publishing in a magazine or two, but what I want the most is to write novels.  Most novelists don't make a ton of money--unless you're Stephenie Meyer or J.K Rowling--but that doesn't matter to me.  I just want to write!  Hopefully I finish writing my first novel this year and someone comes along that makes my dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment