Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Some Changes

Whoa! What happened?

If that's how you felt when heading on over here today, sorry! I made a lot of changes, but I think they were all for the best.  

When I started up this blog back in January, Michael had just left for BMT.  I wanted a medium that I could write down my thoughts when it came to the whole military experience, and something that could be used to keep family and friends informed of our lives once we moved.

Back then, I really didn't know what I was doing.  Or what I wanted to write about exactly.  Or if I would even keep up with it.  So I just picked a name on a whim, slapped a layout together and took off with it.

Eight months later, and the blog has evolved far more than I had ever imagined. I now have a clear idea of what I want this blog to be. 

And it's for that reason that I changed the name.  Our Military Adventure was too narrow a scope for what this blog is about.  I write about parenting, social issues, my dreams and my frustrations as well as the military.  It's not just about our lives in the military, but about our lives in general. 

A lot of what I write on here is random so I think the new title fits.  I find something to write about that I find interesting, and I just go with it.  With the new title, I'll feel even more free to do so.

I changed the look of the blog along with the name so I'd feel completely free to go with my vision.  I hope you like it, and stick around!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the new look!! I adore damask:) I change my blog a lot too, so don't feel bad. You change and evolve, so it only makes sense for your blog to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new name! Random Musings are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just found you from blog hopping around. I think we all need change. I was the same way when I started my blog. I had NO idea what I was doing.

    ReplyDelete