Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions: Part 3

Happy 2011 everyone!  I hope everyone had a great night celebrating both endings and new beginnings.  My little family had a fantastic time celebrating with friends. 

So the last couple of days I've talked about my New Years Resolution from last year.  It's a new year now which means new resolutions.  I have a couple this year, and I hope by sharing them I'll feel more compelled to stick to them.

I'll just get this one out of the way since it's in no way original, and I'm sure most people make it.  My first resolution is to start leading a healthier lifestyle.  I think I've made this resolution every single year, and even though I stick to it for a while, it never seems to last.  I make pretty much every dinner from scratch so we don't eat like complete crap around here, but I make it to the gym about once every six months.  I just have so many other things I'm focusing on that it doesn't make the cut.  This year I'm going to try harder.

My second resolution is a little more original.  I want to start focusing more on Evie's education at home.  Obviously she's only (almost) three so I'm not talking quadratic equations,  but since she doesn't go to daycare and get a little bit of organized education everyday, I feel like I need to do something more at home.  She's a smart kid, and I think she would love the challenge of learning new things every day. 

My last resolution is the big one.  The one that I'm going to strive every day to achieve.  My big New Year's resolution is to change my thoughts about money.  If you don't count student loans, we don't have much debt.  Which is pretty amazing since it seems like everyone is in piles of debt these days.  But I sort of hate the consumerism that we're all submersed in.  I don't like feeling compelled to continuously buy bigger and better, newer and cooler.  So my resolution is to think more before I buy.  To refurbish and re-purchase more often. 

I'll probably be writing about my resolutions periodically to keep me accountable.  Help keep me accountable!

1 comment:

  1. i love your last 2 resolutions, especially! i think all moms should share your #2 one! i hope you share some of your repurposing/refurbishing projects!! always looking for inspiration!

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete