Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Deployment Playlist

I love music.  No matter what genre you're a fan of, the music always seems to find a way to seep into your soul.  No situation hasn't been sung about at some point in time.  Deployments and separations aren't an exception.

A Deployment Playlist is essential.

Military wives may be some of the world's strongest women most of the time, but even we need to wallow in sadness every once in awhile.  My list has songs that make me cry until snot comes out of my nose.  I know, pretty picture right?  

But there are songs here too that just make me feel like I'm not alone.  And when you're half a world away from your sweetie, not feeling alone is pretty much the most important thing.  

Enjoy this hodgepodge of genres.  I'm pretty sure there's something for everyone here!

___________________________________________________________

"Don’t you Wanna Stay" by Jason Aldean & Kelly Clarkson
"Freeland" by Miss Willie Brown
"The Longer the Waiting" by Josh Turner
"Broken" by Seether & Amy Lee
"Come Home Soon" by SHeDAISY
"Lucky" by Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
"I'm Already There" by Lonestar
"The Chain" by  Ingrid Michaelson
"Far Away" by Nickelback
"When I Look to the Sky" by Train
"Miss You" by Blink 182
"Wait for You" by Atreyu
"Wait for Me" by Theory of a Deadman
"All or Nothing" by  Theory of a Deadman
"Alone in this bed" by Framing Hanley
"Thinking of you" by Katy Perry
"Never Gonna Be Alone" by Nickelback
"Dear God" by Avenged Sevenfold
"Calling You" by Blue October
"Just a Dream" by Carrie Underwood
"If I Die Before You Wake" by  Dustin Evans
"I'll Be" by Edwin McCain
"The Distance" by Evan and Jaron
"I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz
"Photographs and Memories" by Jason Reeves
"The Other Little Soldier" by Josh Gracin
"Never Alone" by Lady Antebellum
"My Hero" by Paramore
"The Call" by Regina Spektor
"Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx
"Kiss Me Through the Phone" by Soulja Boy
"Letters" by Stellar Kart
"Dude (I Totally Miss You)" by Tenacious D
"Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down
"Start Saving Me" by Mike Corrado
"On My Watch" by Mike Corrado
"Stand" by Mike Corrado
"The Rock" by Amy Jayne McCabe
"When You're Gone" by Avril Lavigne
"Keep Holding on" by Avril Lavigne
"Leaving On A Jet Plane" by Chantalz Kreviazuk
"Letters from Home" by John Michael Montgomery
"Sleeping with the Telephone" by Reba & Faith Hill
"Travelin' Soldier" by Dixie Chicks
"American Soldier" by Keith Urban
"Letters From War" by Mark Schultz
"Love Uncompromised" by Jason Castro
"Possibility" by Lykke Li
"Missing You" by Black Eyed Peas
"I Never Told You" by Colbie Caillat
"Stay with me" by Colbie Caillat
"How Sweet it is" by James Taylor
"Need you Now" by Lady Antebellum
"Sweetest Goodbye" by Maroon 5
"Last Kiss" by Taylor Swift
"My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion
"Somewhere With You" by Kenny Chesney
"Kiss Me Slowly" by Parachute
"I Won't Let Go" by Rascal Flatts
"Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts
"It's Been Awhile" by Staind
"If You're Reading This" by Tim McGraw
"The Angry American" by Toby Keith
"Bound to You" by Christina Aguilera

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is an impressive playlist. I am a big fan of the Theory of a Deadman songs. During deployment their album is always in rotation. I wish I had some to add but WOW...it looks like you have them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've gotten some from people here & there. I listen to a pretty wide range of music :)

    ReplyDelete