Tuesday, June 21, 2011

30 Days

Today is my 30th day of P90x!!!!

And yes, that statement did justify that many exclamation points.  I am so very proud of myself for making it this far.  I've now completed Phase 1 which means I am a third of the way through the program.

My life has changed so much in the last thirty days.  My mind frame especially. This isn't about dieting.  It's about changing my lifestyle.  This isn't *just* about losing weight.  It's about loving myself.  It's about achieving goals.  It's about taking care of my body because it's the only body I'm ever going to have.

In a society that tells you that the number on the scale is all that matters, it's disheartening to see that those numbers refuse to budge.  So I put my scale away.  Because this journey is not about that stupid number on that stupid scale.  It's about changing my life so I can be the healthiest person that I'm capable of.

As for the program itself,  I still absolutely love it.  I actually decided to change from the Lean version to the Classic version  in Phase 2 to hopefully see better results.  I was led to believe at first that the Lean version was better for women because we didn't need to bulk up, but after more research and plenty of advice from women who have done the program, I've changed my mind.

Classic P90x is definitely more focused on weight training than Lean P90x, but the more muscles you have, the more calories you burn even when you're sitting on your butt.  After a weight training workout, muscles continue to burn calories for most of the day, whereas calories are only burned for the few hours directly following a cardio workout.  I'd say weight training is my new best friend.  Who says it's just for men?

I'm loving the program so much that I may even start doing Doubles soon.  Adding Doubles means doing an extra CardioX workout on the days you weight train.  I do my workouts as soon as I wake up in the morning so adding another before bed would put enough time between workouts to be feasible I think.  I'm just loving working out that much!

My results in the first thirty days weren't jaw dropping, but they were enough to keep me going.  The fact that I'll go out in public in shorts and dresses on a regular basis is enough proof of that.  I've been a jean and capri gal even on the hottest days for as long as I can remember.

Thus far, I've lost one and a half inches off my waist, two inches off my hips, two inches off my chest, and two and half inches off my thighs (combined)!  I've also increased my right arm an inch.  You can't see definition in my muscles yet, but I actually have muscle to flex now.  Excellent!  The scale refuses to budge.  But I'm okay with that.  I know that I've lost fat but added muscle so I refuse to feel discouraged.

I can't wait to see what changes Phase 2 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment