Friday, June 17, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

It's Friday already?!?! Here's Wifey's Military Spouse Fill-In to end another great week!

1. Underwear Parties, how old is too old? submitted by Wookie & Co.
Any age?  Bahaha.  But seriously.  I think they are pretty weird.  

2. What was your favorite class in high school? submitted by Adventures of M-Squared
Either English or Choir.  I was in Show Choir (read:  Glee Club) so I absolutely loved choir.  But I'm a big reader and obviously I love writing so English was always a favorite.

3. Have you ever convinced packers/movers to pack something they aren’t supposed to for a PCS? submitted by Ground Control to Major Mom
We've only PCS'd once thus far, and I don't think so?  Ha.  But I'm pretty sure they forgot to pack some things they should have.  Perhaps a couple of my Wii games that disappeared?  Yah, I learned many lessons about packers after that first moving experience.

4.  Blogging plays a growing roll in the media. If you were asked to embed as a blogger with a deployed military unit, would you go? What do you think your blog would be like? submitted by To the Nth  
Absolutely not.  I think Pamela said it best in Army Wives when she said "we can't have both Mommy and Daddy getting shot at."  Evie already has to deal with her Papa being gone for months at a time.  Plus, I'm not enough of a risk taker for something like that.  I stay as far away from danger as I can.

5.Do you think kids should attend year-round school? submitted by Marrying the Navy
No way.  How depressing would that be?  I'm sure once Evie's school-aged I'll have moments in the summer when I wish she was at school.  But kids need a break.  They need time to be kids.  I know they do this in other countries and it works, but I can't imagine depriving kids of summer vacation!  It's far too nice outside to be cooped up indoors all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment