Friday, July 8, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

This week has just flown by! I've been busy working on Evie's new quilt, and basically obsessing over sewing again.  I get so distracted with my hobbies and bounce around a lot so I'm happy to have finally bounced back to sewing.  I'm ending this week like many others with Wifey's weekly Friday Fill-In.  Have a great weekend!

1. Does your Significant Other read your blog?  Why is this a good or a bad thing? submitted by Mrs. Alana’s Miscellany
I think Michael reads it is spurts.  I like when he reads it because writing is such a fun outlet for me, and I like him to see that.  Plus, since he's deployed, he gets an extra peek into what's going on in my life while he's away.

 2. What is one item in your house that holds the most sentimental value and why? submitted by The Albrecht Squad 
Probably my computer.  Yeah, that sounds weird.  But it's sentimental because it holds my life.  All my pictures, my writing projects, etc are on my computer.  If my house was on fire, and I had to grab one thing, it would be my computer.  I'd be lost without it.  I try not to put too much sentimental value into material objects anyway.  It helps keep the clutter of unnecessary items to a minimum.

3. When it comes to water fun in the summer do you prefer the beach, the pool, a lake, or the sprinklers? submitted by The Turvo Times 
As long as there is water, I'm happy.  All of the above have their useful purposes.  Since I've never been to the ocean, all beaches to me mean a lake or a river anyway.  Going to the pool is nice because you know there aren't gross things in it (except probably urine), though I could do without the constant "Marco, Polo" playing of the older kids.  And sprinklers are just fun.

4. What is the one special thing that you do for yourself to get you through the first week of a deployment/separation? submitted by A Creed and a Psalm  
I like to just lay low. I don't want to have any obligations whatsoever so I can get used to the new normal.  That means Evie and I can just lounge around the house if that's what we want to do.

5. What is your biggest guilty pleasure website? submitted by Christine’s Little Blog
Probably Facebook.  Ugh.  I sort of want to go on a Facebook hiatus for awhile because I feel like I waste way too much time on there.  But since I'm so far away from most of my friends and family, I love being able to keep updated on what people are doing.  Facebook and I have a love/hate relationship right now.

1 comment:

  1. I get the love/hate relationship with facebook! I'm so there!

    ReplyDelete