Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Juliet's Nursery Inspiration

As soon as I knew I was pregnant, I started looking at ideas for what to do with the nursery.  Evie's nursery was very simple, with a homemade bedding set by my mother-in-law and a few stencils on the wall.  Her room was so tiny and we were on such a tight budget, it was the best we could do. 

Fast forward five years, and we have a little more to work with.  The nursery in this house is still pretty small though, and the closet is ridiculous that I can't even think about it without cringing.  But it's definitely a step up from what Evie came home to.

Between Pinterest and Google, I came up with quite a few different nursery themes and color schemes.  My absolute favorite was our choice for a boy's nursery (turquoise and orange), but since that didn't work out, I had something else pretty awesome in mind.

We finally decided on pink and grey!  I'm not really a fan of super cutesy for a nursery--or for anything baby, really--and wanted whatever we chose to be able to grow with her for a few years.  I also think the price of bedding sets is a complete ripoff so Juliet will be getting a homemade one like her sister.  But this time around, I'm making it!  I hope I don't live to regret that decision.

Pink and grey doesn't seem to be a super popular color scheme yet, but I was able to find a few different pictures online for inspiration.  Never underestimate the power of Pinterest--you can find everything on that site! 

These pictures were some of the inspiration that made me fall in love with this color scheme.

Credit Here
Credit
Credit
I love how the grey is a great background to make the pink really pop.  It's not overwhelming, and it's always easy to find girly things in the color pink.  I really like the chevron stripes, and the use of both light and hot pinks.  I have quite a few more inspiration pictures on my Pinterest board so head on over there if you want to see what else we're considering. 

We decided we're going to just paint one accent wall in a light grey because a) Michael will do the painting and he's not a big fan and b) I hate the idea of having to repaint walls when we move out of this house. Michael is also sanding down and repainting the crib (white) and dresser (grey) we used in Evie's nursery.  Most of the fabric used will be a dark/hot pink with possibly a few accents of grey.  Grey fabric at a reasonable price is hard to find though!

We're going to Wisconsin to visit family next week, but once we're back we're diving head first into this room!  I don't want to leave everything for the last minute, and let's face it, I'm just too excited to wait.  I'll update with progress pictures as things move along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment