Friday, August 6, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Since this is a military family sort of blog, and I follow a lot of military spouse blogs (as you can see on the right side of my page), I thought I'd join in on the MilSpouse Friday Fill-In.  It will probably be sporadically, but I thought it would be a great way to connect to other military spouses.


1. What is something you wished you’d learned to do earlier in life?
I wish I had learned to learn better.  Growing up, I got good grades, but I always just retained the knowledge necessary to pass the next exam and then promptly forgot most of it.  I'm sure this is true for many of us.  This way of learning didn't really stop until my junior year of college, my first semester back after having Evie.  Maybe it was that I was a mother now or just that I was a little older, but I started caring more about what I learned.  If I had learned to learn better a long time ago, maybe I wouldn't feel so ignorant as an adult when it comes to history or past wars or photosynthesis. 

2. What is your biggest pet peeve with the military?
We're still new to this lifestyle, but I think that is my biggest pet peeve.  Not knowing things.  (Noticing a trend?  Apparently I want to be a know-it-all.)  Since Michael is the service member, he goes to all the briefings and such that introduce us to military life.  And he's expected to pass along all the information to me.  Yeah, right.  I hate being in the dark on things that affect me personally, but I'm slowly getting my footing on all things military.

3. What tourist attraction near you have you never seen?
We've only been in Kansas a month so there are a lot of things we haven't seen.  One attraction in particular that I want to see soon is the Aviation Museum.   Wichita is the Air Capitol of the World and obviously Michael's in the Air Force, so I think it would be interesting.  Plus, Evie has amazing airplane-dar (she can spot or hear an airplane a million miles away, even before we do) so I know she'd love it.

4. What are you avoiding doing right now?
Getting Evie out of bed.  She woke up for a few hours in the middle of the night (again!), and she finally woke up a few minutes ago.  But I'm going to finish this post first, gosh darn it! :)

5. Wine, beer or liquor?
Liquor for sure, though I'm starting to find a taste for wine.  I cannot stand beer--even the smell makes me sick.  But give me a mixed drink--margaritas anyone?--and I'm a happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment