Friday, June 10, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

It's Friday again, and you know what that means.  Wifey's military spouse Friday fill-in!  Follow the link to join along.

1. When you vacation what type of vacation do you like to take (beach, historic, adventurous, food oriented, etc.)? submitted by Megan Dub-Yuh 
I'm so excited for this question because we are in the middle of trying to plan a family vacation for when Michael gets home from deployment.  We've never been on a vacation together before (which is insane since this fall we've been together ten years!), and we just don't know where to go.  But we're definitely into more outdoor things like hiking or relaxing on the beach versus theme parks and such.  I can't wait to read answers for this one.

2. What is your best memory associated with a song (you know we all have tons!) submitted by Ramblings of a Marine Wife 
I love "How Sweet it is" by James Taylor because it's a favorite of both mine and Michael.  We always sing it to each other if it comes up on our iPod playlists.  We don't have the same tastes in music, so it's special for us to like the same song.

3. If you had six months with no obligations or financial constraints, what would you do with your time? submitted by Married to the Army 
Go on a long vacation with my family.  Michael and Evie would be perfect, but extended family along for the ride would be great too.  I think vacations are just on my mind right now, but I'm just ready for some relaxation time with my family.  I feel like we are always running towards something and never take time to really enjoy the moments we are in.  Six months of traveling the world or sitting on a beach or hiking through the mountains would be perfect.
 
4. What is one thing about you that people do NOT typically notice at first that you wish they would? submitted by Our Motto is Patience
I'm a great listener!  That's not really something you can notice about someone right away because trust is a huge part of sharing secrets or just our everyday lives.  Plus, I'm a huge talker.  But I am.  A great listener, I mean.  I don't think I need to solve everyone's problems for them so I don't feel the need to constantly give advice or add my two cents.  Sometimes, people just need to vent. 
 
5. It’s a summer of sequels, and if you had to live in one of each of the following “worlds” (there are three total) which would you choose and why? submitted by The Three Turners
Okay, I'm unsure if I'm suppose to a pick which world is the best or which situation in each world?  I'll just go with what I feel like since I heart this question!

–X-Men: Be a Mutant, what would your power be?
I would love to be a mutant! That sounds weird to say.  But I love supernatural stuff--way before it became cool to love it.  My power would be telekinesis.  I've always thought that would be a super cool thing to be able to do.  Second runner up is to see into the future.  That would be epic.  Yes, I said epic. 

–Harry Potter: Be a Witch or Muggle?
Oh. My. God.  What crazy person would say muggle?  Okay, sorry if you said muggle.  But for real?  I love the whole Harry Potter world, because as I said, I love all supernatural stuff.  I would give up a kidney to be a witch in Harry Potter's world for a day.  Meet Harry Potter and Ginny (because she rocks my socks off).  Go to a wand shop and let the wand pick me.  Drink butter beer.  A-freaking-mazing doesn't even describe how awesome that day would be.  A kidney well spent, I think.

–Twilight: Be a Vampire or Werewolf?
Definitely vampire.  I hate blood, and I can't imagine drinking it.  Eww. But turning furry?  No thanks.  Plus, vampires have always been my favorite of the supernatural world.  And yes, way before vampires sparkled.  And a vampire in the Twilight world would be way cooler than being a werewolf even though I do love Jacob.  And bottom line?  I want to be Alice's new best friend.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering who would choose muggle too! Who wouldn't want to go to Hogwartz and have a cool wand and magical pet and fly on broom sticks?! Crazy people! That's who! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. And obviously, I can proof ;)

    Relaxation time with the family would be amazing! I am so done with deployments :(

    Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete