Monday, June 13, 2011

Real Sweat, Real People

Today marks the beginning of week four in P90x! Yay!

Can you tell that I am still ridiculously excited about P90x?  Never in my life have I stuck with a workout program this long.   I've always gotten bored or let life get in the way.  I've always found some excuse to just stop doing it.  That is so not happening this time around.  I am so proud of myself. 

I'm losing inches people.  Inches.  As in plural.  My hips, my waist, my thighs.  They are all skinner.  Skinner makes me happy.  I can handle skinner.

The scale?  Well, that still isn't doing anything exciting.  Technically, P90x really isn't a weight loss program.  It's a get-in-the-best-shape-of-your-freaking-life program.  Losing weight is just sort of a bonus.  I'm stoked about losing inches, but I wouldn't scoff at a decrease in that number on the scale.  I'm all for bonuses.

Now that I've completed three weeks of the program, I've almost finished Phase 1.  This week is sort of a "relaxation" and "recovery" week.  Basically, no weight training.  Though honestly, there isn't really anything relaxing about P90x.  Even the fifteen minute Ab Ripper workout tries to kill you.  It's intense, people.

I'm excited for this recovery week because it's chock full of my favorite workouts:  Kenpo karate, Cardio and a double dose of Yoga.  I heart Yoga.  I hate downward facing dog, but I still heart Yoga.  One workout I'm not excited for is Core Synergistics.  It's probably my least favorite workout because of all the pushups involved.  I have a bad wrist, and my wrist just can't handle pressure at a ninety-degree angle.  Thus, I hate the workout.  I feel like I can't BRING IT like I'm suppose to because of the pain, and that's frustrating.

Overall, I feel amazing!  Some days are a little tougher than others to get my butt out of bed to workout, but I'm hanging in there.  Whenever I start to feel my motivation lagging, I just remember all the reasons I'm doing this. And how great it feels to know that when I look in the mirror, I'm already seeing a new me.

And like Tony says, "this is real sweat, real people."  I am motivated each and every day by Tony and all the others featured in the workouts.  They bring it.  They do their best, and forget the rest.  And if they can do it, I can do it.

Keep pushing play!

No comments:

Post a Comment